Welcome to The Senior Soup.
You may visit The Senior Soup from a desktop computer, mobile phone or tablet, or another mobile device.
Please read the terms and conditions carefully.
You accept the terms when accessing any of The Senior Soup’s services (including by automated means).
The Senior Soup reserves the right to deny access to this service, or any other service it provides, to anyone who violates this agreement or who, in the judgment of the co-founders, interferes with others’ ability to enjoy this service or infringes the rights of others.
The Senior Soup co-founders Raquel Micit and Ryan Miner may change, restrict access to, suspend, or discontinue this service, or any portion of this service, at any time.
Please get in touch with The Senior Soup if you believe any information written on the site is inaccurate.
You can forward a copy of the material to email@example.com with an explanation of your objection(s).
If you are a copyright owner who believes your copyrighted material has been reproduced, posted, or distributed on this website to constitute copyright infringement, don’t hesitate to get in touch with The Senior Soup via firstname.lastname@example.org or through the site’s contact page.
Please include the following information in your written notice:
- (1) a detailed description of the copyrighted work that is allegedly infringed;
- (2) a description of the location of the allegedly infringing material on this site;
- (3) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- (4) a statement by you indicating that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (5) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, affirming that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- (6) an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert copyright infringement and submit the statement.
HOW TO USE CONTENT FROM THE SENIOR SOUP AND THE SENIOR SOUP PODCAST
The Senior Soup is made available for your personal, non-commercial use only.
This website’s content and other material are The Senior Soup’s property and/or its licensors.
You do not have permission to take content, pictures, podcasts, or anything else published on The Senior Soup and post to another website.
Here are some additional guidelines that you must agree to follow:
- You may publish no more than 100 words or less of content from The Senior Soup. You must include a do-follow link to The Senior Soup’s original content.
- Credit must be given to The Senior Soup and the corresponding author in a way that makes it evident that the content is not your own.
- You must obtain permission from The Senior Soup co-founders Raquel Micit and Ryan Miner if you wish to republish more than 100 words of content taken from the site.
- Suppose you’re granted written permission to share more than 100 words taken from The Senior Soup. In that case, all links and comments must be copied as-is, with a link to the original piece (in a prominent area that makes it clear that the content belongs exclusively to The Senior Soup.
- You do not have permission to take full content from The Senior Soup and post it on your site.
- You may display and occasionally print or store a single copy of The Senior Soup’s pages for your personal use, provided that you keep all credits, copyright, and other proprietary notices intact.
- Still, you may not otherwise reproduce, store or distribute copies of any content or other material found on this site, in any form (including electronic form), without prior written permission from the copyright owner.
- Don’t hesitate to contact The Senior Soup co-founders via email to request permission to reproduce or distribute content.
- You are free to establish a hypertext link to The Senior Soup so long as the link does not state or imply that The Senior Soup is a sponsor, endorses, or is affiliated with you or your website.
- However, you may not, without written permission, frame or inline link any of the content from The Senior Soup or incorporate into another website or other service any of the content or other material you find on the site.
- Extracts: You may run the first few lines or paragraphs of the article and then say: “Read the full article on “The Senior Soup” with a link to the article.
- Quotes: You may quote authors, provided you include a link to the article URL.
- Signed Consent/Copyright Release Forms: The Senior Soup requests that you sign consent and copyright release forms if you publish more than 150 words of content from the site.
- Creative commons cover Podcasts and Videos.
You must provide an email address to receive The Senior Soup’s email newsletter.
YOUR CONDUCT WHEN USING THE SENIOR SOUP
The Senior Soup is a moderated senior services and advocacy media outlet that encourages the free and open exchange of ideas in a mutually respectful climate.
The site’s co-founders reserve the right – but they do not assume any obligation – to delete or withhold the publication of comments that violate its standards.
Raquel Micit and Ryan Miner may delete comments they deem obscene, libelous, defamatory, or include vicious personal attacks that will not be published.
Comments or images that are racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, or otherwise offensive will not be published.
The Senior Soup requests that you treat other site users with respect.
Language and content should be appropriate for a civil, adult conversation.
Please respect others’ rights to their opinions; understand that there may be many other sides to every story.
If you see something on the site that you believe is inaccurate or about which you hold a different opinion, feel free to post a comment in response.
You agree to refrain from the following when participating in discussions featured on The Senior Soup:
- Use The Senior Soup to impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Use the site to engage in or instigate or encourage others to engage in illegal activities or to cause injury or damage to any person or entity;
- Use the site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, obscene, or pornographic content;
- Use the site to post or transmit any information or content that violates or infringes the rights of others, including information or content that invades the privacy or violates the right of publicity of any person or that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights, without permission;
- Use the site for advertising or soliciting anyone to buy or sell products or services or to make donations of any kind;
- Gather for marketing purposes any email address or other personal information that other users of the site have posted;
- Engage in personal attacks, harass or threaten another user, deliberately disrupt the conversation; or
- Use any automated mechanism to collect information from our site in any manner that fails to respect the Robots Exclusion Protocol.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE AND THE CONTENT YOU SUBMIT
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the text, comments, and other information and content you post on this website or share with others.
By posting information or content to The Senior Soup, you represent and warrant:
You are at least 18 years of age or older.
You are the owner of all content you post or are making your posting or submission with the owner’s express consent.
You will not violate or infringe on the rights of others.
Your information and content will not violate others’ rights or cause injury.
You alone are responsible for the information and the content you post on this site.
This politics blog will not control the information or content you or others may publish on or otherwise transmit through the site.
You are responsible for creating backup copies of any information or content you post to the site.
The Senior Soup is not responsible for deleting any information or content you submit or failing to store, display or transmit.
You understand that The Senior Soup has no obligation to monitor site areas through which users can supply information or content.
THE SENIOR SOUP RIGHTS TO USE ANY CONTENT YOU SUBMIT THROUGHOUT THE SITE
When submitting any material to The Senior Soup, you do not give up ownership rights in such content.
However, you agree to grant The Senior Soup and anyone authorized by the site a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide right and license to use, copy, modify, transmit, sell, exploit, create derivative works from, distribute, and/or publicly perform or display such material, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium (whether now known or hereafter developed), for any purpose that The Senior Soup chooses.
The initial grant includes the right to exploit proprietary rights in such submission, including, but not limited to, rights under copyright, trademark, or patent laws in any relevant jurisdiction.
You understand that the site’s technical processing, including the content you submit, may involve transmission over various networks and changes to the content to conform and adapt it to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. You will not receive any compensation for our use of any materials you submit.
The Senior Soup may preserve the content you submit.
The site’s co-founders may disclose such content if required to do so by law or if, in the judgment of its editor and publisher, such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary:
- (a) to comply with legal process;
- (c) to respond to claims that any content you submit violates the rights of third parties, or
- (d) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our site, our affiliates, our officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, our licensors, other users, and/or the public.
Except when the law requires, The Senior Soup will not sell, distribute, or reveal user email addresses or other personal information without express consent.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
The Senior Soup may use the information it collects in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain its multimedia site;
- To send users promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send users administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to user comments or inquiries;
- To provide users with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on this site;
- To protect, investigate, and deter unauthorized or illegal activity.
You may find links to other websites throughout The Senior Soup that third parties maintain.
Linking to such third-party sites does not imply The Senior Soup endorses or sponsors such sites or the information, products, or services offered on or through the sites.
Neither The Senior Soup nor its affiliates operate or control any information, products, or services that third parties may provide on our site or websites The Senior Soup links.
The information, products, and services offered are provided “as is” and without express or implied warranties.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, The Senior Soup disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
The Senior Soup does not warrant that the site or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of this site, or the servers that make the site available, are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Suppose you are dissatisfied with the site, materials, products, services, or any of the site’s terms and conditions.
In that case, your sole and exclusive remedy are to discontinue using the site.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
The Senior Soup does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 16.
If a parent or guardian believes The Senior Soup has personally identifiable information about a child under 16, please immediately contact the site’s founders via email.
The Senior Soup may log information using cookies and small data files stored on your browser by its editors and webmaster.
The site’s co-founders may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience.
Users may, at any time, prevent cookies by using a corresponding setting of their internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies.
Furthermore, cookies may be deleted via an Internet browser or other software programs.
However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in their internet browser, not all functions of The Senior Soup may be entirely usable.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
At no time should The Senior Soup users submit sensitive personal information to this site.
This includes social security numbers, financial data, health information, criminal backgrounds, trade union memberships, etc.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, will The Senior Soup be liable for any damages arising out of your use of this website or any information, content, products, or services made available on or through this site, including indirect, incidental, special, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages, even if The Senior Soup is advised beforehand of the possibility of such damages.
Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of specific categories of damages, the above limitation may not apply to The Senior Soup’s users.
In such conditions, The Senior Soup’s liability is limited to the fullest extent permitted by state law.
Site users agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Senior Soup, its affiliates, financial supporters, co-founders, agents, representatives, licensors, and successors.
The Senior Soup reserves the right to control the defense of any claim for which it is entitled to indemnification under this section. In such an event, users agree to provide The Senior Soup with such cooperation as is reasonably requested.
The Senior Soup will make reasonable efforts to notify its users and readers of any such claim.
Failure to provide such notice will not relieve users and readers of these obligations.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between The Senior Soup and its user concerning this agreement’s subject matter.
It supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals, and communications on this subject, whether written or oral.
This agreement is personal to you, not intended to benefit any third party, and does not create third-party beneficiaries.
Users of The Senior Soup may not assign this user agreement to any other individual(s).
This agreement will be governed by and construed per Maryland laws without affecting any principles of conflicts of law.
By using this site, users consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts in Maryland in all disputes arising out of or relating to this agreement or use of this website.
Wednesday, October 12, 2022.